Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2019, 08:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What other fork tubes/legs ? Would fit my CB1  (Read 155 times)
jedro750

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »

I,ve replaced my fork seals and bushes and one still leaks, I think the tubes are worn but I haven't measured them yet, it's a single disc set up so undecided whether to get the tubes reground or fit a complete front ? Any thoughts or ideas please, Jedro.
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 08:48:50 PM »

Lots of possibilities, new seals damaged during installation? Seals installed upside down? Fork tubes worn or scored? (they should look perfectly smooth with no scratch or wear marks).

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »

If the chrome looks good (no pitting), it probably is good. Especially if high miles or the fork oil was never changed, it would not be impossible for the alloy lowers to have got worn on a 30 year old bike. At that point new uppers won't help you.

Loads of options available which mount up very easily, all depends on your preference.

Cbr600f2-f3 forks and wheel will slide into your yokes, just leaves you with some fork leg poking out the top as the CBR is taller. These have the best damping parts (cartridge damping) of all the options I know to fit.

Vtr1000f forks and wheel will also fit, these have the best brakes as you can fit cbr929/954 calipers on there.

Vtr1000f or pre fuel injection cbr1100x would be your best front wheel and discs if you are staying 3 spoke and want dual discs. I think the blackbird wheel is lighter? Or there's cb400sf if you want to keep a 110 tyre and you're in UK/Europe as you'll never find one in the states.

Or you can go Frankenstein: f3 insides for the good damping, into original lowers for ease and cheapness, or into vtr lowers for the ace brakes.

Lots of other honda parts fit together for this, all depends what's available locally and / or cheaply.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: