Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 07, 2020, 04:14:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are there different currents in the wiring behind the headlight
Tech corner - 0 (0%)
General - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring issue for heated grips  (Read 260 times)
Donnaross7

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »

Are there different wiring currents behind the headlight? The manual shows that the side lights and lights have the same voltage (12V) and power (15W) ratings. I'm wondering if someone can verify this.

My heated grips seem not to heat up to the same temperature as they did before. I can't remember which wires they were attached to previously. The heated grips do get warm. Just not warm enough. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice regarding which wires to wire the heated grips so that they'll be lovely and toasty. Of course, I have the temperature turned to the max.

Thanks 😊
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »

All battery circuits are the same voltage, 12V. It is always best to run a separate wire (of the correct guage) directly from the battery for accessories like heated grips, and that wire should have it's own fuse located close to the battery. Connecting heated grips to a lighting circuit risks overloading the lighting fuse. Also voltage to the grips will be less due to voltage drop caused by the lighting load.

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: