Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 09, 2020, 04:42:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Ohlins CB-1 shock $600 shipped  (Read 1159 times)
taxonomy

View Profile WWW
« on: February 29, 2020, 05:10:02 PM »

This is an Ohlins HO801 shock originally intended for the Honda VFR800 1998-2000. I sent the shock to Jamie Daugherty, a professional rebuilder I have used for years.  The shock runs a 1300 lbs Eibach spring but could probably also run a 1250 or 1350 spring without a rebuild.

I had it made for my weight of 185 lbs as a fast street rider. Everyone has their own preferences but this should suit a variety of riders. I bought and had this shock built for my -1 then decided to just keep my GT650 Hawk to fill my vintage streetbike needs.  The rebuild has zero miles on it. The length is set to 317.5 or 2.5 mm longer than stock.  This gives the one a tiny bit sharper handling but most probably won't notice a difference.  

The Traxxion preload collar makes it much, much easier to adjust the preload.

This is a top quality shock with a new rebuild.  I looked on eBay for years to find something like this and finally bought a shock and had it built only to wind up selling it. Suspension is the best mod for your -1.  The front is pretty easy with emulators and springs, but the back is hard to find something quality.

I am a former MSF instructor and 53 year old guy with a heated shop. This shock was professionally rebuilt and is ready to bolt in and dramatically improve your CB-1.

see photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/7J1RJSJqNV6KCq1D8
eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »

Does this mean this shock will still fit the VFR or is it modified for only the CB-1?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: