Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
May 26, 2020, 04:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cb1 working on 3 cylinders  (Read 220 times)
Cb1Cro

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »

Hello everyone!
I have an 1989 Honda Cb1 which ran perfectly til few months ago. I started it up and pushed it outside of garage and turned of. About hour later i started it up again but it is working on 3 cylinders. When i take rubber of the cylinder on the right side I guess it is number four nothing changes. It still works on 3 cylinders. Since then i have put all 4 brand new spark plugs. It has spark on all four plugs. I dissasembled carburator and everything needles and everything is perfect inside. It also has brand new air filter. When I start It up it sometimes bang on exhaust pipe and continues working on 3 cylinders. Sorry for the long post but I really dont have any idea why it suddenly started to work on 3 cylinders.
Cb1Cro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »

* Screenshot_20200419-231139_Gallery.jpg (122.7 KB, 542x261 - viewed 47 times.)
uglygit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »

Firstly check fuel is being to the carburettor in question by draining it using the drain screw.

Run the bike and refrain the effected carb, if it has fuel again after the start up then fuel is making is way to the card.

Next check for blocked meets within the carb you may need to unscrew them and good them upto a light source to see any blockages, compressed air will usually be enough to shift blockages but sometimes you need to physically clean the jet, use something that is soft and smaller than the orifice so that you do not accidentally enlarge the jet.

If after cleaning the carb you cannot get the cylinder to fire you will need to do a compression test.

AKA
BCF- prawny1

400greybike- cannot log in forgot details and won't let me re use my email address Sad

hondacb1.proboards.com- prawny1

hondacb1.org- uglygit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: