Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
January 18, 2021, 05:21:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest check - right side covers  (Read 325 times)
eyhonda

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2020, 07:29:51 AM »

About 5 months ago, I opened my own CNC machine shop which I am running initially part time in my garage.   I have a CNC mill, manual lathe and a 3D printer. 

With a CB-1, VFR800 and a Hawk GT in the shop, I am developing custom parts for each.   For the CB-1, I am in the middle of making a right side cover.   I plan to sell this for about the same price of a new NLA OEM part, $40 plus shipping.   Let me know if you are interested.  I will be making a fixture soon.

I can also 3D print them in CarbonX (carbon fiber reinforced polypropylene) for $15.

I posted pics on my website and IG below.

If anyone needs any custom work done, PM me.  We can collaborate on most anything.

Eric

www.yuzondesignworks.com
IG >> yuzon_designworks

butthardness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:35:33 AM »

Any chance for a CarbonX seat fairing? The same two broken examples have been on eBay for years. Mine is also broken, and Iíd love to get a replacement.
eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:43:50 AM »

Send me a link.  You mean the rear tail cowl?

eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 08:11:04 AM »

I couldn't print something that big.  It would be easier to make a mold of it.  Then you can make a cowl out of carbon fiber or fiberglass.  Let me give that some thought.

butthardness

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »

Cowl, thatís the word I was looking for! Yes, hereís an example of the useless garbage on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274369521184
Anyway, just a thought. Good luck with the business, Iíll keep you in mind if I think of any other CB-1 parts I might need.  Trying to get mine back into some kind of presentable condition.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: