Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
May 22, 2022, 09:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: friggin facebook  (Read 1261 times)
stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »

hey all, if anyone is still here anyway.  just wanted to rant about how facebook groups have killed forums.  of course this is partially my fault for opting out of social media, simply because it seems a step backwards for society to me anyway.  im an old curmudgeon at this point and i embrace it i guess.

anyway, just wanted to see who still frequents here and that im still alive as is my ol cb-1.  hope you all can still say the same and dont be bashful to still post here.  i dont want the forums to die!

'90 CB-1
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 05:43:48 AM »

I generally pop in to check the forum once a week but most people prefer Facebook because of the instant response they can get and the ease of hosting photos. Of course trying to find an old post on Facebook is almost impossible so that is where forums score much higher if you want actual information rather that just looking at pictures  Grin
stussels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »

yeah i get the draw there.  appreciate the reply

'90 CB-1
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »

I frequent here quite a bit. Some days I just check to see new topics that are posted. Other days, I will take some time to respond to a few topics, some new ones, some older ones.  This forum is a wealth of information!  FB will never come close to having the same value as this forum has.  It hurts me still, that the forum before this one, Honda CB1 dot com, fell off.  Like this one, it had alot of great info!  Some of that website can be found on the WayBack Machine search engine.

Stussels, i know you remember the dot com website. That is where I first saw your bike!  Henry Wang, I remember very well from the dot com days, because he also raced his CB-1.  He had full bodywork on his 1. He adapted Honda RS250 bodywork.  I also met a guy who I can not find today. He also raced a few CB-1s. He was a mechanic. He had a TTS Performance 485cc Big Bore kit in one of his racebikes! He said it was like a missile compared to a stock CB-1.

I feel your pain. I can only hope that this site doesnt fall to the wayside like the other one did... (FINGERS CROSSED)
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 12:04:47 PM »

I agree with you Stussells, I frequented the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group often, and it is no more. The Facebook group VJMC is very disjointed in comparison. Without fixed categories and good search functions the same questions get asked and answered over and over.

Having said that I am guilty of ignoring this forum for the past year or so, although that has mostly been due to dealing with a wife with dementia.

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1, 1997 Honda CB50V
stussels

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 09:29:38 PM »

of course i remember the original forum.  man its been so long.  i liked that site as it seemed to have more people from all over the world.  if anyone sees Htin Soe anywhere send him my way.  i used to be in the vjmc when i had my ns400r long ago.  sorry to hear about your wife spurlock.  day at a time.

'90 CB-1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: