Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 01, 2022, 04:09:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stumble/ cut out  (Read 1418 times)
Rexeriot

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2021, 01:46:39 PM »

Hi all. The last time I rode the bike it had a 1 second cut out ... like a stumble ... all power went for literally a second and threw me forward on the bike . Today it did it several times , normally when accelerating hard or after a period of sustained speed. I'm sure its electrical as the rev counter goes straight to 0 when it happens.  Ignitor issues possibly? Thanks
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 03:03:06 AM »

The rev counter hitting zero is a sign that you're right: it's definitely electrical. This could happen from under or over charging. Although it's not the most likely cause, it is just about the easiest to check so may as well start with it.
Test your battery voltage at 0rpm, 1500rpm, and 5k rpm. You should get >12.5v, >12.5v, >13.5v but <15v.

After that, it's more likely a loose connection or a broken wire. Since the tach dies and the spark dies at the same moment, could be the pulse coil. Could also be something not directly related to those systems. Do you also lose lights, thermostat display, anything else?
Easiest thing to check is whether all the cable in and out of the battery and starter solenoid are tightly secured and free of corrosion.

After that you're into a fun game of hunt the broken wire, probably an earth (green wire). Is the bike stock? Does it have any mods like higher handlebars? Stock, the most likely place for a break in a wire is around the steering neck. With higher bars, could be anywhere from the neck forwards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: