Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
May 11, 2021, 10:17:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 89 cb-1 (second 90 cb-1 for parts) austin, tx  (Read 3582 times)
taintmaster

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »

Up for sale is a 1989 Honda CB-1 400f. This was one of the last true cafe racers made by Honda. Imported for only two years (89-90) this bike is very rare in the states..It was mainly sold in Japan and the UK. Its at home on the streetand on the track...It features a carbuerated 400cc engine which redlines at 13,500rpms, a screamer! It gets 55mpg!!! I'm good friends with the 2 previous owners...The last owner before myself wrecked the bike so I decided to restore it...A lot of hard work and new parts went into what you see.....The bike has a completely new speedo cluster (the odometer reads 0)..All new bar electronics....I had the seat recovered with a custon carbon fiber look material...It has brushed aluminum blinkers all the way around...Aftermarket aluminum footpegs...New bar-end mirrors...I also removed the bulky stock taillight assembly and mounted up a cbr taillight thats reverse mounted. The swingarm was completed removed and repainted the stock silver...This bike still has some road rash on the left side that can easily be touched up......The tires are in almost new condition... This bike has only been ridden 5 miles in the last 7 years, yes 5 miles...needless to say it'll need a little work before its ridden. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS BIKE AWAY as it needs a carb clean/adjustment(sorry people keep asking). It has approx. 22,000 miles. I just dont have the time for this bike anymore. Im also getting ready to move and I wont have any room... I also have a SECOND 1990 cb-1 with approx 15,000 miles that was involved in front end collision...The front wheel, forks, speedo cluster, radiator, and exhaust are no good...But the frame, motor, carbs, electronics, swingarm, rear wheel/tires are good...Not to mention I have too many extras to list.. I have titles for both bikes. You could part these bikes out and make money, I just don't have the time...Although I'd prefer to sell the bikes to a CB-1 fan who won't part it out. I have a ton of extra parts. Buy it all and start racing! $2000 obo for everything. I will consider REASONABLE offers. I also have more pics or feel free to come by and check everything out.....call chris at 512-587-6947, thanks Pics are under the "pics section"  "My custom CB-1"
taintmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

Oh yeah...sorry you have to read thru the desription, this was my ad from craigslist LOL.
andrewt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »

is this still available? do you have any higher resolution pictures? it looks like the right side rear fairing is missing- true? any pics of the parts bike? thanks!
jaynalbu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »

Do you still have these?
Thanks

I love my country. Even though we do bad shit sometimes.
c58piranha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »

Does the '90 parts bike have a title.
If so, how much for the frame and title.

Thanks, Chris

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: