Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
June 12, 2021, 11:11:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: building a rat rod cb1 wanted parts & or advise please  (Read 154 times)
akafireball

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:31 PM »

Hi cb1 ers , new member here looking to remove all my irreplaceable parts of my wife's old all org 89 cb1
this 89 blue cb1 has never been down so its all org no broken tabs on any of the plastic etc minor scratches from use and saddle bags only ... so... i figure i should take preventive steps in case i low side the little jewel (best case ) or fly completely off the dang mountain ...(worst case)
I'm doing a cheap rat rod build to ease back into sport riding...
I took last 12 years off when we had our 1st child
unfortunately I got the fever back a month ago driving in her jeep Liberty with our family on the blue ridge parkway in a rain storm...lol..
I'm interested in advice on parts I should save and interested in buying fair to ruff shape stuff if anyone wants to part with anything ..

i'm planing on getting a used tank or swapping the tank to something else thats close? (Just posted my first ad for a beater tank this is my second )

i'm pulling all the blue plastic (prob all the plastic since its near mint everywhere just is 23k miles worn

gonna need a frt fender of some kind I'd prefer something near bolt on ?

i'm gonna do a cafe style rear seat pan and seat (saving my mint seat) (eBay taillight and blinkers)

i'm gonna build or buy some frame /engine protector cage bar something maybe build something

i've already pulled the clip ons doing a handlebar for my 50yr old back plus save the parts

prob gonna pull the headlight and assorted parts save them go (ebay headlight )

would like to save the exhaust its org too! any advice on a header i can swap i can weld & build it from there ?

i'm near Greenville SC so if any body has parts i can use from the above ideas i have or otherwise hit me up

God Bless

thanks in advance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: