Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
August 02, 2021, 11:44:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stator testing  (Read 460 times)
monckmaki

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:01:28 AM »

My battery isnít charging. Replaced it and the regulator, still no go. Tested the 3 yellow wires going into the regulator and am getting some abnormal readings. What do I do next?
monckmaki

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »

Update

Stator is testing faulty, have one on order. In the manual it states when removing the right crankcase cover that a new gasket should be installed. Is this absolutely necessary? Or depending on the condition can it be used again? Some feedback here would be greatly appreciated
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 08:47:23 AM »

If you're really lucky, the original gasket won't tear and you can re-use it but in my experience, this very rarely happens, so I would get a replacement gasket to be on the safe side
Can_CB1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 10:02:24 PM »

Where does one get a replacement gasket? I have the same charging issue and have a stator on the way.

Iíve looked at eBay couldnít find gasket. I ordered through partzilla but they said the website was wrong and they no longer carry them.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 02:20:01 AM »

It's the same as a CBR600F1, if you can find that more easily.
Can_CB1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 04:29:46 AM »

Thanks, but still not having much luck sourcing that to Canada. Is it possible to just use rtv gasket maker? I havenít taken the cover off yet so Iím really hoping the gasket will be in tact.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »

RTV gasket maker is ok at a push but use it very sparingly - I've come across a few engines where the oil pick-up was clogged with the stuff as it always ends up squeezing out of the joint & floating around in the oil.

The gasket is the same as the NC23 and Graeme is happy to ship worldwide - used quite a few of these and although they are pattern parts, they are very accurate.

https://gfracinguk.com/gasket-clutch-cover-p-34.html?sesid=0kv524diofit260rlqp8846jf2
Can_CB1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 02:12:46 AM »

I have one on the way but Iíll use rtv sealant in meantime.

In terms of replacing stator.. can I lean my bike on its side so the cover is facing up and then replace stator without having to drain and replace oil? I have a an apartment parking spot so I canít be making a mess with oil etc..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: